Integrated dried reagent storage
Assays on Point-of-Care (PoC) devices often require one or more reagents to provide accurate test results. These reagents can be added either as a liquid during the assay or pre-loaded on the PoC device in a dried format. This dried format will then be reconstituted during the assay, thus reducing handling steps for the end-user and ensuring a longer shelf life for the product.
Micronit offers the ability to deposit picolitre spots with high accuracy and with various solutions on an area up to 80x36cm in size. These spots can then be dried in a controlled manner to create robust dried reagent storage.
Micronit has an in-house automated system for multiple target/substrate spotting. This technology is ideal for spotting microarrays, microscope slides, biosensors, membranes, microfluidic devices and many other substrates. Droplets sizes between 360 to 440pl can be spotted, with the possibility to extend this down to the 50/150pl range or higher up to 800pl sized droplets. The spotting accuracy is within 5um, with a spot to spot distance that can be selected to match the application need. Additional options also include, spot in spot dispensing of different reagents.
- Non-Contact Low Volume Liquid Dispensing
- Standard droplets of 360-440pl
- Additional droplet range extension to 50-800pl
- Spot dimensions are dependent on reagent and spotting substrate combination
- Typically: 400pl – Ø 125/150µm | 10nl – Ø ~350µm
- Spotting accuracy < 5µm
- Time to spot 1µl < 30s
- A cooling unit for reagents and target area
- Controllable humidity
- Droplets can be spotted individually, on top of each other, in an array or even overlapping
- Customised QC and target recognition including:
- Target recognition and Quality Control of the spotted samples
- Stroboscope camera for visual droplet shape and volume control
Functionalized magnet beads
Preventing non-specific binding
Protein stabilizers during drying